View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Using regex is about the only way to generate a controlled list of words to index. A more precise way to is manually mark each word to be included in the index.

Sometimes for complicated index entries I use Find/Replace in regex mode and then manually mark the ones I actually want in the index as opposed to minor references.
I do this as a final step while proofing a near final document.

You can also right click in the Index Editor and open a tab separated "word" list (really pattern list) and build the list of patterns that way.

As I read/proof I sometimes simply add text patterns for words I want indexed to an open text editing window instead of marking them directly.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote