View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #33
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsok View Post
There is new Sigil version for XP which does work for me. That means QT5 can work on XP? If so why to force ban to install it. Maybe someone can make Calibre version for XP like Sigil. The most wanted feature which i miss in 2.0 is export to docx
Because, once again, Qt5 upstream is not supported on Windows XP and is known to crash.
Additionally, many older 32-bit WinXP systems don't have hardware support for SSE2, which means you'd need to distribute an additional version of calibre using a custom-built Qt5 compiled without SSE2 and at that point things simply get ridiculous.

And I was unaware that Sigil officially supported XP.
Some people were successfully running calibre by disabling the version check (as explained in the first post), others merely got crashes. I assume even if Sigil doesn't have a version check it will still crash for some people if they are still using WinXP...