Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #13
Percy
Trajan
Percy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Worrisome and Eye Strain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I think it depends whether they decide to take the chance of using glass screens - which a number of other manufacturers (eg Hanlin, Astak) have decided not to - or wait for the "next generation" flexible screens. Or perhaps they'll start off by shipping machines with glass screens, and then switch to the much tougher flexible screens when they become available. All the indications are, though, that it's going to be the end of the year before mass production of flexible screens commences and, with it being a completely "new technology", it could slip even further.

I think it's pretty certain that the pilot machines will have to use the glass screen, because the flexible one does not current exist.
Are there others with the tech know-how needed to react to this from HarryT? And what about glass screens? Doing that doesn't sound good.

By the way, spent my first day reading for hours on the small-screen version at the beach last weekend. Loaned to me by a friend. (I am SO desparate for this thing.) Might have been just the sun/sea glare, I suppose, but my eyes were pretty tired after staring at the screen reading a novel all day. Comments?
Percy is offline   Reply With Quote