View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
You missed the part where I said I'm not wanting to really spend much money now. The tradeoff is either maintaining something old, but which I know is damn solid other than that battery replacement (which will run me less than $20), or sinking a minimum of cash into what looks like a steal on the Kobo (with my credit it would be a mere $82 plus tax). Eventually I may save up for a big reader, a nine incher or somthing, but this is meant as a stopgap. So is the better stopgap staying with the 505 and replacing the battery, or getting a Kobo to use for a year (I'm figuring I may buy that big reader, whatever it winds up being around next Christmas)?

Really this comes down to a "is the Kobo (with a year of improvements since its launch and Wifi) better than the 505" question, that's all. If I had something BESIDES the 505 to trade in to Sony for that credit of theirs I might have gone for the current Sony 5" Reader (well if it were yesterday--the price was $150 but that just ended and its back to $180), but with a dead battery apparently the trade-in value of the 505 drops from $75 down to $11 (in other words... not worth it).
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote