View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 11:39 PM   #1302
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Hi,

I have no training in programming, or in Python in particular, so I'm not sure what to make of the instructions and sample plugins. But there are a few options that I might find handy.

1. Retrieve source url for Dot Epub files.

I'd like to take any epub or mobi file with "dotepub.com (http://dotepub.com)" listed under publisher, or "Dot Epub" or "Dot Epub Mobi" under #processing, retrieve the last url in the file, and paste that to a custom column, #extradata.

I could then paste that into publisher. I don't want to accidentally overwrite the original publishers. I use #processing to keep track of epub conversion software, among other things.

2. Retrieve source url for 1st page of EpubPress files.

I'd like to take any epub or mobi file with "EpubPress" listed under author, or "Dot Epub" or "Dot Epub Mobi" under #processing, retrieve the 1st url after "References" in the file, and paste that to a custom column, #extradata.

I figure those would require similar code, though Dot Epub should be easier.

3. Retrieve PDF version numbers of PDF Files.

For any PDF file, determine the version of the PDF specification it follows. For example, older Kindles have trouble with anything never than PDF 1.4.

4. Retrieve PDF resolutions of PDF Files.

The version number probably has wider usefulness, but resolution is handy since my different pdf processing tools tend to give different resolutions. Would retrieve the X x Y data for the pdfand post it into #extradata.

I'm not sure what technical challenges these would pose. Some version of the Dot Epub and EpubPress hacks might be useful to other readers who need to save web pages.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote