View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Nope and I’ve read for hours on it in all sorts of light conditions.

The guy in the first video loses points because he asserts that this will cause eye strain and headaches for everyone even if they don’t think it will after saying he wasn’t sure about just that same issue.

If it affects you sorry. But don’t assume it’s going to bother everyone.

ETA lol I just tested this on my Forma. Brightness at 34 natural light around 50. Used my iPhone XS Max to film it in slo-mo. No flickering.

Tried again at 50% brightness and natural light off, no flicker.

Tried under different lighting again at 50 with natural off, the light from the LED bulb reflected on the screen and that flickered but the rest of the screen was fine. The first test was done in the same room but with a different angle so the light was bounced off a wall/not direct.

Tried yet another area (bathroom) with multiple lightbulbs above a mirrored cabinet. Finally got a flicker but this was obviously the lights not the screen. Unless my bathroom sink counter uses PWM too and I’m unaware.

In as near as I can get to total darkness save for the iPhone screen and the Forma screen and some very low ambient room light from windows (you would not be able to read in this level of lighting) there was no flicker.

So I dunno if I’m doing this wrong I’m just filming the Forma screen using slo-mo default settings (not even sure you can change these). All tests were done at least on 30 and 50 brightness I didn’t use natural lighting unless otherwise noted.

So do I have a magic Forma or am I doing something wrong?

I saw the flicker in the linked videos so it’s not that I can’t see it.

Last edited by MGlitch; 10-31-2018 at 07:26 PM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote