View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 11:06 PM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
My guess is the card will be a money card that you can use to buy books online from Kobo.
But the release specifies that book cards will allow them to offer a broader selection to customers. It says it will offer the "digital book cards in stores", so it seems like an analog solution to an online library to me. We'll see…

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I'm really glad to see this. Kobos in Walmart are a good thing. Amazon needs the competition to keep them on their toes, although I'm not sure how much competition this will really be.
I'd love to see this. Amazon has slowed down its eReader innovation recently. They are either disenchanted with eInk devices in favor of tablets, or they're slowing down R&R because they're on the top. Either way, competition nipping at their heels will be good for the whole industry.

The best thing about this is that returning defective Kobos will be a breeze now, instead of dealing with Kobo's communication challenged customer service call center. No more spending days convincing Kobo to take the unit back, shipping it all the way to Canada, then waiting for the replacement to arrive.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote