View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #628
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro,Nexus 7,Kindle Paperwhite,Kobo H2O Ed 2
I saw those on Amazon but I don't think they would make much difference and several people complain about how much glare they add (reflected external light). To give you an idea how different the Kobo and Oasis are, here they are side-by-side, with the Kobo set to about 1/3 of its "natural light" setting. I think you can see from this why I think the Kindle is actually the better day time device and the Kobo the better night time device - and as most of my reading is night time, the Kobo wins for now.

Actually I'm getting 500 errors from MobileRead when I try attach the image, and I can't find where to delete this message, just edit it. For now it is on Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dk1Gunmx7nQoAirC3

It's not exactly accurate but just using a color picker on that photo, I get for the Kindle:

R=234 G=235 B=229 (so this is a white light with a strong blue component)

And for the Kobo:

R=236 G=185 B=145

Surprisingly still quite high in blue but much lower than the Kindle.

I'd be interested to hear from people who think their Kindle has a more yellow or orange light how that compares to mine.

BTW if I set the "natural light" setting on the Kobo all the way down it looks pretty much like the Kindle, although the max brightness is not quite as bright.

Last edited by geekraver; 12-26-2017 at 05:39 PM.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote