View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
In my experience, the "VOD" that Netflix has offered over the past year is mostly craptastic. I should go back and update my queue to see if there's anything else interesting there
I think it's great.

Tons of older movies, indie films, foreign films (non-US), TV shows, Documentaries etc.

If you just want to watch new releases, then yeah it's not great. But it's a freebie on top of the disc mail rental service so I have 0 complaints for it. I use it a lot on my 360, the HD content looks great on my HDTV.

Stoked that the iPad has an app for it already. Makes it much more tempting for me. My girlfriend is on the fence but leaning strongly toward picking one up soon, so hopefully I'll get to play with one soon!

Screen size and lack of built in stylus support are the main drawbacks for me as I really want a tablet that I can use to read and mark up (highlight, jot notes in the margin etc.) of research articles like I do on 8.5x11 print outs.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote