View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #48
PO40600
Enthusiast
PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PO40600 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note II & Note Pro 12.2, PocketBook Touch Lux, PB Touch,Odysse
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoir View Post
Why not ? A lot ... and I mean a LOT of people are highly visually driven. They simply do not relate to lists as much as visual clues. I mean the info is there in Calibre ! what is so uncool about allowing people to look at a cover thumbnail layout with names below them ? It doesn't mean they wont to manage everything in this mode .... but as an option.
Personally I can manage both list and visual. But I agree that looking for a title .. sometimes the very title I am reading now .. can be much easier visually.
And I would add one thing about this particular subject of showing a grid of cover. In at at least one case, it would be particularly usefull : When searching books with no cover !

I greatly appreciate the "cover flow"-like display, but in this particular case, it's nothing but painfull to search which books had no cover. Especially for user having thousands of eBooks.

Just two days ago, I did a huge browse of my books, in order to find the missing covers. It takes me 90 min, to explore half of my 12 000 eBooks.
PO40600 is offline   Reply With Quote