View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #47
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoir View Post
With respect - 'dumbing down' is a patronising term used by techs and engineers who don't get that the vast majority of people are not like them.
This is not dumbing down. It is about simplifying and making it more effective and streamlined for the actual people who will be needing this kind of app..
No, it is not a patronizing term. It is an accurate term. I am not a tech nor an engineer. But you know what? I spent weeks reading online, searching online, playing around, until step by step, I made calibre and its tools do what I wanted them too.

No one ever said it would be easy. The reason Calibre can be complicated is because the whole ebook scene is complicated. But it is NOT Kovid & Co.'s responsibility to "uncomplicate" the situation for people.

Let them swim or sink. I help my family with questions, but I also expect them to have at least tried to solve the problem or learn about the problem before I hand them a regurgitated answer.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote