View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Umm, did you read the message that calibre displayed when it found the later DBVersion? It actually tells you that you can do this.
I looked back at the error message detail and with further insight now I see you are right. I'm a newbie and did not clue into what the message was really saying, partly because I was thrown by the suggestion of a factory reset and, until I saw the process detailed elsewhere, did not specifically know how to use plugin preferences to enable support for devices. I was also thrown by the fact that the KoboT that I was using when first encountering the problem yesterday had the same (and only) firmware version (1.9.17) that I had been using prior to updating Calibre to 0.8.60 (I'm new to this and bought the KoboT a couple of weeks ago), so the error message in my case was not triggered by a new KoboT firmware version but by the Calibre upgrade. I found the problem applied to 2.0.0 as well because I had updated the firmware on my wife's KoboT but not on my own as yet.

Regarding the question from eddie19, I'll have to defer to others who are more experienced.
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote