View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #25
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungeng1 View Post
I am a computer illiterate, so forgive me if I ask a silly question.

I found that the contrast ratio on my Kindle DX pretty low, and Kindle's default fonts blurry. Several websites talk about replacing the default fonts with a bolder and darker font type, for example (https://sites.google.com/a/etccreati.../kdesignworks/).

Is it possible that you provide a package with bolder fonts? Thanks.
Well, I didn't find a link to any font package on K Design Works, only a discussion of fonts improvement techniques. I guess, the articles are addressed to Amazon - advice on how to make the fonts look better on eInk. Perhaps it will not fall on deaf ears...

I am certainly not going to design my own fonts, I don't have time for that. If someone sends me a set of fonts (Serif, Sans Serif, Monospace, each in Regular, Italic, Bold and BoldItalic), I can make an update package and put it out for everyone to download.

You can send me the link to download the TTF fonts via a PM.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote