View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #40
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
By the way, I didn't say " 'ingenious' clip" but I did say "ingenious WAY TO CLIP" which denotes the method of being clipped in (á la by the two holes) is ingenious. I'm not saying the clips themselves are an ingenious invention. Big semantic difference ;-)

I don't have any problems with the clips on mine. However, this is not to say that they can't be re-designed. The holes are not the problem. The clips could be problematic. M-Edge however could easily redesign the clip. In any case, being that I'm very careful, the clips have been no problem to me. In fact, I have even created a felt case that I sewed together to keep the cover from being blemished while I carry it in my bag.
I like the way it clips, but, its kinda useless, there is no reason to ever see the back of the reader, on the 700, the extra material that hangs over the side just hurts your hand, unlike giving it a good place to hold onto like the 505.

I liked the clip on the 500, much more.

but there is one thing I just cant stand, is the feel of the inside of the case, and the crappy plastic imitation leather they use on the case. it really feels like crap.

the case that came with the Kindle 1 was in my opinion, 100x better than the case that comes with the sony readers. (people who have it fall out just never knew what there were doing, you just have to pry the plastic wedge up a little, and its perfect. plus it feels GREAT.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote