View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #38
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Unfortunately, Sony's "ingenious" clip is also extremely fragile & breakable, and I have *TWO* totally useless Sony covers because they "idiotically" broke. Without trauma or droppage. Just broke. And Sony offers no replacement parts.

I'd much rather have nice, sturdy leather corner strips. (Only one has a bit of elastic, to allow you to insert or remove the reader). Just my opinion. Been burnt twice, trying something different this time.

Sayhello
By the way, I didn't say " 'ingenious' clip" but I did say "ingenious WAY TO CLIP" which denotes the method of being clipped in (á la by the two holes) is ingenious. I'm not saying the clips themselves are an ingenious invention. Big semantic difference ;-)

I don't have any problems with the clips on mine. However, this is not to say that they can't be re-designed. The holes are not the problem. The clips could be problematic. M-Edge however could easily redesign the clip. In any case, being that I'm very careful, the clips have been no problem to me. In fact, I have even created a felt case that I sewed together to keep the cover from being blemished while I carry it in my bag.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote