View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #38
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
When I say "spoof calls" I'm talking about numbers that can actually be a real number. Most of the ones we get now use a 417 exchange, which is what Verizon uses in my area. In some cases, they are actual phone numbers, not of the scam caller, but of someone with a Verizon phone.

That is what makes them impossible and or not wise to block. The scammers use a number that starts with the same 6 numbers as the number they are calling. So it looks like a local call.
On my current Motorola phone and my previous Samsung S5, I'm using the app called "Hiya". It's a call screener app it refers to a database of known spam numbers (to which you can report, if a new one appears), allows one to set various rules on what phones to answer. I've set mine, to send a message to any unknown caller to leave a message. At the end of the day or week, I review the recent calls and decide which ones to physically block.

It doesn't slow the phone down any that I can tell.

There are other apps besides "Hiya" and I bet there is something similar for the iphones. But this is the one that suits me.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote