View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #42
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
EPD control has several modes.
Two of the main - the situation is evolving - have been
-- the "Normal" mode, 16 shades of gray which flash upon change,
-- the "A2" mode, 2 colors, no flashing, patent 8fps refresh. A2 control evolved a lot in the past years. You should see the effect on the Max Carta - unbeliaveable progress, if compared with past devices.
(This descriptions are not technically worthy.)

Now, since each mode has its pros and cons, firmwares may allow you to select the one you want (Onyx has a switch on the status bar).
Also, since "Normal" is good for static rendering and "A2" for dynamic scrolling, some firmwares may implement automatic mode change upon drag.

It is good that you are allowed to choose. Also because mode switch is not immediate. And since the firmware may not recognize every situation: e.g. to watch animation you want A2, but should a YouTube or Vimeo page be rendered as static or dynamic? Not trivial.
Does this tablet let you choose automatic? I had an Onyx T68 that made you choose one or the other and it was horrible. Anytime I had to scroll through any text anywhere it was a crap shoot to stop at what I wanted. My T62D does it automatically, and for me it works great. I don't try to watch video, but it works perfectly for my uses. When I am in Calibre Companion I can scroll through my list of books and I am able to read while scrolling and stop at the book I want. When I am in any app, I can scroll through the app settings and read while I am scrolling and easily find the specific setting I am looking for.

If this one doesn't allow you to have automatic, I can just stop looking at this thread because I won't buy it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote