View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #37
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
This is an announcement:

It is now brought from various sides to my intention that I could get into trouble with the law for posting my Fanfiction covers the way I did and I don’t want that!

My only intention was to share my work with other Fanfiction lovers in a totally non-profit way, but obviously I am not aloud to do so. Feeling no longer comfortable, I decided to delete all the zip-files in this thread and will not post ready-to-download Covers anymore.

However, if someone wants to start making their own Fanfiction Covers and doesn't know how, I will happily try to answer any question (in a tutorial kind of way) and give you all the information I can.

Like:
- Links to find the best pictures

- how to work for example the graphic-program ‘Open pixlr editor (Advanced)’ that I used for my Covers (totally can recommend that open source program)

- help with settings, color and font for the ‘[GUI Plugin] Generate Cover’

I started this project with no clue whatsoever, so I think anyone can do this. It is not as difficult as it looks and only a few of my Fanfiction Covers were real work. Most of the pictures only needed to be cut for the right framing AND most of the work was actually to choose the font and the right settings for the ‘[GUI Plugin] Generate Cover’ afterwards. So believe me when I say that it is actually easy. All Covers I attached this time are belonging in the easy category and are only some examples what you can do for your Fanfiction library. So, feel free to try (just have to do it by yourself this time).

Please respect my decision.

Best wishes,

MiniMouse

One last Note: The Person of Interest drawing I found here. I think it's a wonderful work.

Don't know who told you, you would get in trouble for that but they were exaggerating most film and TV show studios encourage fans to use their images in non-profit fan work its free publicity for them! If for any reason they want you to stop using their images they’ll sent you a Cease and Desist letter. You won’t be sued for all you’re worth. You won’t be tossed into jail! You’ll get an e-mail stating which image they want you to remove, simple as that.

Do you have anymore generic covers I’m looking for ones that have that old leather bound book look like these.

Spoiler:

How do I add the image in that attach image window so they don't come out so large?

Last edited by KayLee; 08-30-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Image size