View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The way it appears to be used on the device at the moment there doesn't seem much advantage in having a seperate subtitle. But if a future firmware version was to say display only the main title in the book listing but the full title and subtitle in the details view then it would be nice to be able to set the subtitle seperately from Calibre.
Yes, that would be good. Or displaying the subtitle differently to be able to tell. If it was on a cover, it would be obvious.

I just tried a search. It matched the subtitle of a book, but only showed the subtitle in the result list. You could use that to prove my theory.

The other thing with the subtitle is that I don't know where it fits in the sorting. It might not be used or it might sort as displayed. And if there is also a series name, I don't know where it fits with the subtitle. FW2.4.0 puts the series after the title. But is it before or after the subtitle?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote