View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
How are books in Calibre matched to books on Kobo?

I have a Kobo reader and if I buy a book from Kobo I usually keep the kepub version on the reader and download the epub version to keep in Calibre. Calibre matches these books, and so the book in Calibre shows as being present on my reader.

I noticed that the books don't actually need to have the same title to be matched. I bought a book where the title on the epub version was "The Knight" and on the kepub version was "The Knight - Book One of The Wizard Knight". Calibre knows that these are the same book, because when I set the series info fo the epub version it got transferred to the kepub version on the reader.

So how did Calibre match these books? Was it just from a partial match on the filenames?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote