View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The one thing I am tossed up about is populating the flingable lists with titles. When I group by authors or series I can easily get down the list to the author or series I want to select and have to wait for the selection to populate with titles before I can move on.
I like the titles appearing, or items if you are using first letters. It helps me know that I am looking at what I think I am looking at. We could introduce another option not to paint the titles/items, but I would rather not because options increase complexity both for the user and for the code, sometimes non linearly.

I do agree with you about the delays, etc. The user shouldn't be forced to wait any significant time before touches work or the screen paint finishes. What we have works reasonably well for scanning through the list, but it isn't quite adequate when someone rapidly flings a couple of times. Rather than not paint, the right way to fix it is to deal with the wait. There are some implementations that will improve performance of painting such as not attempting to populate the titles/items during a fling (while it is moving), instead waiting for the list to settle and then populating only the visible items, all the while not blocking taps.

At any rate, it will be fixed one way or another in the next update.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote