View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #11
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Some that I really enjoyed;

Somebody Comes to Town, Somebody Leaves Town - Cory Doctorow
Just a really different, intriguing book (it includes characters whose father is a mountain and whose mother is a washing machine)

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom - Cory Doctorow
Set in a future where 'whuffie' (similar to the karma on this site) decides what you can or can't buy or do. Interesting concept!

Geek Mafia and Geek Mafia: Mile Zero - Rick Dakan
These were free (legally) when I picked them up some time ago, not sure now. Nicely written anti-big corporation type thrillers. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

BTW, I would second the nominations for Moxie Mezcal's Concrete Underground and Wesley Alison's My Robot Girlfriend.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote