View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
I've had that same sleeve (got mine on Etsy though) and used it for at least half a year without any issues whatsoever. Depending on your lifestyle and the way you use your devices, telling someone they should just throw it away is a bit abrupt. If all you do is read in bed and simply set your Kindle on your bedside table, a sleeve is perfectly fine.

Which is why so many different companies offer sleeves for countless devices.

Now on the other hand if you are the type of person who needs to throw their kindle in a backpack you won't want a soft sleeve. Which is why other cases are available. In either situation, a screen can be damaged whether it is in a sleeve or a case, so gentle treatment is always the first line of defense.

I had my Sony505 in a silicone shell AND inside a padded case, and the screen still broke during an accidental 3 ft fall onto carpet. So you are never 100% safe regardless.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote