View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #22802
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Walking Pneumonia can be caused by a bacterial, at least based on what I read and what my doctor told me. I took a Z pack and prednisone. I had to take the prednisone twice. I suspect that the prednisone was given to me because of my history with exercise induced asthma and the month long coughing problem when pregnant. It is not fun but better than regular pneumonia. At least I didn't end up in the hospital.

After doing a bit of research, I suspect that I have cough-varient asthma. I do not get the shortness of breath, wheezing, or tight chest. I did awful on the breath test, which is unusual, but I did go to the Doctor three days into my second coughing bout in a month. I am going to confirm with the Doctor when I see her on Monday. Lucas is going in for his six month check up.

From what I have read, it can take a week for the coughing to clear up once inflammed and up to 8 weeks to get it fully under control. Given that the Dr has me on Advair for 8 weeks, I have a sneaking suspicion that I don't have the normal asthma. I love being different. I can't just have asthma, noooo I have to have the more rare cough-variant (only 24% of the asthma population has it)

(sigh)

The good news is that it can be controlled. I am feeling better today. Still a bit of a cough but it is better. I am keeping my inhaler with me and puffing on it when I have a fit and it has been 4 hours. It is going to take more time for the Advair to kick in. I am feeling a bit run down and trying to climb into bed early and get plenty of rest.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote