View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 05:12 PM   #1
Scooby_
Scooby_ began at the beginning.

Device: none
Blank pages in output file

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for such a great tool!

This is my first time converting an ebook and it has been a trial and error process. Somewhere along the way random blank pages have appeared in the epub file. These are not in the original word document. This is the short description of the issue, I will provide more info below to hopefully get my problem solved.

In order to get this fixed easily, what log files should I post?

The original book is over 500 pages and is full of tables and pictures. The author used no styles at all so I had to apply these, I have the table of contents perfect as I want them and also all the references are perfect, using the calibre book editor to put all the references on the same page at the end of the book, as I want. Also no proper indents were used, only space bar and tabs to make the spaces. Overall when I ran the Word tool to check compatibility there were over 2000 errors so after a lot of work I got most of those solved except a few concerning repeat lines which don't seem to be a problem.

I have been converting straight from the word file to epub.

I am changing none of the settings within calibre.

It has taken me so much time to get everything to this point where the output epub file is perfect as I want it, except these blank pages.

If the easiest way to solve is to delete these blank pages with the editor that would be great but I could not see how to do that.

I'm a little stuck at this point. Any extra info that would help or any files I can post, just let me know.

Thanks again!
Scooby_ is offline   Reply With Quote