View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 09:35 AM   #6
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
...if you want to have not indented the first paragraph after <h> tags (or <hr> tag), then you should use something like:

Code:
h1 + p, h2 + p, h3 + p, h4 + p, 
h5 + p, h6 + p, hr + p {
     text-indent: 0;
}
And, if you also want to style the first letter of the first paragraph after a <h> tag, then you should use something like:

Code:
h1 + p::first-letter, h2 + p::first-letter, 
h3 + p::first-letter, h4 + p::first-letter, 
h5 + p::first-letter, h6 + p::first-letter,
hr + p::first-letter {
     font-weight: bold;
}
Interesting. It looks like I have to have BOTH of those classes. If I add ::first-letter to the first one and add the bold font-weight, the text-indent stops working (though the ::first-letter bold works). If I add a separate second class to handle the ::first-letter bold, it all seems to work.

I'll play around some more. I was worried I'd have had to change my <p> class to be non-indented and then add a p + p class to handle indented.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote