View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 08:24 AM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
I don't know if I understand you well but I think you are confusing the things a bit.

With the pseudo-element ::first-letter you can't affect the indent, because the indent is for PARAGRAPHS, while ::first-letter is for the first letter of a paragraph. So, if you want to have not indented the first paragraph after <h> tags (or <hr> tag), then you should use something like:

Code:
h1 + p, h2 + p, h3 + p, h4 + p, 
h5 + p, h6 + p, hr + p {
     text-indent: 0;
}
And, if you also want to style the first letter of the first paragraph after a <h> tag, then you should use something like:

Code:
h1 + p::first-letter, h2 + p::first-letter, 
h3 + p::first-letter, h4 + p::first-letter, 
h5 + p::first-letter, h6 + p::first-letter,
hr + p::first-letter {
     font-weight: bold;
}
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote