View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@frostschutz: Yep, it's a pretty neat way to handle this kind of stuff. I was a bit wary of the timing at first, but seeing that /mnt/onboard is mounted at that point is good enough for me .

The strace build has a whole history related to KOReader and figuring out what the hell nickel is doing with the eInk driver, it should be a bit more tailored to the actual Kobo kernels than a generic build, especially on the eInk front . fbgrab also comes in handy from time to time .

I haven't checked how it behaves, but that sqlite build (be it the standalone client or the Python module) should come with all the bells and whistles (the Kindle sqlite setup demands it, Amazon even went so far as using the modular capabilities to implement custom functions). That just leaves seeing how well nickel handles having the rug swept from under its feet .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-09-2015 at 05:34 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote