View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@frostschutz: I distinctly remember seeing the idea of using an udev rule to run stuff in various places, some of which appeared to be quite old. I can't think of any examples OTOH besides your AutoPatcher, I'll see if I can dig up specific examples once I'm back on my desktop. (EDIT: Definitely the night mode installer, at the very least).

As for the other thing: there's actually a TODO in the script triggered by the udev rule to switch to using start-stop-daemon from there ;o). I just haven't done it yet because the current method works, I'm not reinventing the wheel, and I didn't want to spend too much effort on all this anyway . But it's definitely in the cards, I've never been a fan of modifying system files on those things, which is why I originally started messing with this stuff back in the Kindle 2.x days .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-07-2015 at 07:24 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote