View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
What I was wondering about is if the library eBook offerings were something that might be unavailable some place else.
If you count https://openlibrary.org/, yes. However, those books are uncorrected scans. When I go to that web site, it says at the top of the home page:

Quote:
Hello! The State of Pennsylvania is participating in our eBook lending program
So I suppose it is somehow funded by my tax dollars, just like the library down the street.

The closest example I can think of beyond this is when you pay an out of area fee to a library and live in another country where the set of marketed eBooks is somewhat different.

Perhaps there have been a very few ebooks where the library bought a long term license from Overdrive, and then the ebook stopped being marketed. If I notice one, maybe I'll remember to revive this thread when I find it.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote