View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I second all that fantasyfan said. I'm not much for fantasy, yet I enjoyed this very much.

Gaiman cleverly mixed the real London's history and landmarks with the creation of London Below. The notion of people literally falling through the cracks kept the book grounded, we all have the tendency of thinking everyone is exactly like us when there are many who struggle every day. Halfway through I didn't care what happened next, I only wanted to spend more time with the quirky and complex characters.

Fantasy is my husband's favourite genre and I'd bought him this audiobook earlier in the year. He loved it, so I'll certainly be acquiring more of Gaiman's work for him, and myself. I regret not buying American Gods when the anniversary version was on sale for $10 a couple of months ago. It was a cast version though, and I do prefer a single narrator, so I'll use an Audible credit to get the earlier version.

Last edited by Synamon; 05-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote