View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:36 AM   #72
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
While we're apparently talking about submissions that we aren't voting on, I went back through the thread from August and see this one that I thought was quite unique at the time and still do. It shows a device that clearly does not exist and yet it simply shows what we're about - reading on a mobile device. Of course, you have to imagine it with the proper words displayed on the transparent screen and in the right format, transparency, etc. But that's just an embellishment. I thought it was cool idea and am surprised it didn't make the cut. I'm not complaining. I'm just really surprised.
Thanks very much vivaldirules!

I'd say first that the idea was not submitted to the contest, therefore it can not be judged. That participation date has gone now...
Second, I did not wish to enter since I like my Sony more than the Kindle. (I'll get whipped for that one)
And third, the most important, it did not fit several important criteriae for participation, being:
Simplicity of display for paper letter heads.
Static nature (I still think MR being web based should innovate).
Should display well in black&white (this is real important because the MR logo should be in every fine book that all people around here took time to reformat)

Personnally again, I don't think we should limit ourselves to B&W, because almost all printers are sold for colo(u)r, we're web based, they don't sell any more B&W monitors, and most companies and entities have colo(u)red logos.

Faxes are going out because they're limited. They are done with. I do all my remote business with email and now use the bloody thing about twice a year, hey, the thing doesn't get spammed anymore!?! Why care about it?

Even if most/all eink devices are B&W, colo(u)r will be here soon and replace all of them. Shouldn't the books we prepare be ready for them? And so should we be.

Be bold! Sorry if I've offended anyone!

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 01-24-2008 at 09:39 AM.