View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #71
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
While we're apparently talking about submissions that we aren't voting on, I went back through the thread from August and see this one that I thought was quite unique at the time and still do. It shows a device that clearly does not exist and yet it simply shows what we're about - reading on a mobile device. Of course, you have to imagine it with the proper words displayed on the transparent screen and in the right format, transparency, etc. But that's just an embellishment. I thought it was cool idea and am surprised it didn't make the cut. I'm not complaining. I'm just really surprised.
Well, when I look at it I see a hand holding something imaginary, but it doesn't necessarily suggest reading on a handheld device to me. Also, the contest was to develop something that would render as a graphic, and this is clearly a photo. It's harder to convert a photo into a graphic icon , or to convert it into 1-2 colors, and still have it legible at any size. That's my guess as to why it didn't make the cut.