View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkool View Post
I kind of fail to understand how higher resolution will help. I mean this is just 6.7" I would think that the size of screen would matter more then the resolution (when compared to the existing screen in the market..)
Based on my experience, you need around 1000 pixels of screen height to display a letter sized PDF legibly.

My home PC has a 19" Trinitron CRT monitor running at 1600x1200, and it can display a completely legible letter sized page with the long edge running along the 1200 pixel axis. Size-wise, the PDF is probably 8 or 9 inches tall.

So this will be smaller, but even higher in resolution, and much more readable than a monitor. I look forward to seeing one of these in a store.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote