View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctos View Post
I am a newbie to calibre and I am investigating to solve the issue, any suggestion from you is great appreciated.
Something that might work is to redefine serif (and san-serif, although this is less necessary), because this is the default font if the specified font is not found.

Code:
@font-face {
font-family: "MSYaHei", serif, sans-serif;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///sdcard/font/msyh.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-family: "MSYaHei", serif, sans-serif;
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///sdcard/font/msyhbd.ttf);
}
With this approach you don't even need to provide a new body, because serif is already the default and now it points to MSYaHei. However, for complete safety you need to define normal italic and bold italic as well. I have an example ePub that redefines all the default fonts in Fonts and Epub - What works on Sony, Works for Pocket Pro too!
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote