Thread: newbie question
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
deltame
deltame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, EZ Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
For library books you need a clock and calendar on the device as well as a PID number. The Hanlin does not natively have this support which is why library books don't work. They have time limited licenses so you need a unit that keeps the time. There is a work around that can add this feature so long as you keep the unit on or in standby. This will allow the check out of library books. However, you will have to reset the time and date if you power completely down or do a reset of the device.
Dale
I know. The settime utility didn't work out for me (see my original post). I doubt it would work on devices with April 2009 firmware from EZ Reader since the error message simply said "Can't support to read DRM books", not a message refers to time expired or date error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft
This is certainly true for the EZ Reader. You can use firmware from other Hanlin V3's, but they all seem to be migrating from MOBI to ADE. The best existing firmware is probably Lbook (it includes a calendar setting option for lending library ebooks for example).
Right, I was only responding to griffonwing for his suggestion to contact Astak to report mobi DRM issue. I am holding off updating firmware on my device to trying for ADE first. Thanks as always!
deltame is offline   Reply With Quote