Thread: newbie question
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltame View Post
Is it possible that the ebook I downloaded yesterday was mistakenly gotten associated with my kindle 2 PID only but not the intended EZ Reader PID?

By the way, while I have experience using library DRM-ed mobi book for my kindle, I have never needed to use MobiPocket Reader software in that process. Is this now required for transfer files onto EZ Reader if I want use DRM-ed mobi on this device?
Most likely the ebook has both PIDs, a single MOBI ebook can have 4 PIDs. As you say, it isn't necessary to use Windows MobiPocket Reader (if you do use it, don't forget to update to Beta: Build 614).

So, I think your problem is with the date. I also had problems with settime.exe.fb2, but it turns out that the Lbook "Update of 27 February 2009" Firmware includes a saner date setting option under its setting menu. Jinke's FAQ includes instructions for updating the firmware. Make sure the battery is fully charged or you are connected to the charger (or both).

Once you install it, the 1st thing to do is change the language (OK (settings) -> 2) to English. The "Date & Time" is setting menu item 5. Also, check that the MOBI PID has not changed (there was one firmware update where this happened). Having made the switch, I prefer the larger bold font in the Lbook's directory view.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote