Thread: newbie question
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #4
deltame
deltame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, EZ Reader
My device does have a mobipocket PID as evidenced when I examined "setting"->"About" to locate such PID. I entered this PID to the lending library's system prior to check out and download the prc ebook. My library actually permits a maximum of 3 PIDs, and I currently have entered one for kindle 2 and another for this new EZ Reader. I don't know whether the library system is actually able to permit all 3 PIDs for one item or limits 1 of the PID for each loan item. Is it possible that the ebook I downloaded yesterday was mistakenly gotten associated with my kindle 2 PID only but not the intended EZ Reader PID?

By the way, while I have experience using library DRM-ed mobi book for my kindle, I have never needed to use MobiPocket Reader software in that process. Is this now required for transfer files onto EZ Reader if I want use DRM-ed mobi on this device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
It does sound like DRMed MOBI has been removed. One way to tell is OK -> 6 Settings -> 4 About. If you have MOBI DRM support there should be a 10 character "MobiPocket PID" at the bottom of the page. You need this PID to authorize DRMed MOBI ebooks (including lending library ebooks). The same PID should show up if you connect to a Windows PC via USB and open Windows MobiPocket Reader.
deltame is offline   Reply With Quote