View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 01:15 PM   #28
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Does one add water to whisky or not? Like many emotive subjects, it is one that is often sullied by prejudice and misinformation. These are some hints about whether or not to add water to whisky.

Firstly, drinking whisky is a personal thing and no-one should be able to preach about what is right and what is wrong. If someone likes their particular spirit with mixers, then fine. Many whisky lovers, however, shake their heads in disapproval if someone adds water to a standard single malt expression. Should the whisky drinker try this with, say, a rare and expensive Ardbeg or Macallan, the disapproval may turn into apoplexy.

I'll see you with a very fine Edradour, and fold my hand...

Now...Guinness and Champagne make a fine pairing, as does Guinness and Cider...Takes me back to the good old days at college....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote