View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I sometimes buy the audiobook when I buy the Kindle book if the price is discounted enough. My sister listens to audiobooks and she has an Audible app on her Iphone with access to my account, so they're really for her.

When the Echo got the ability to read audiobooks I tried that out. I used to listen to them but when I got my Kindle I kind of lost interest in audiobooks. But I was curious and when I tried it I found the Echo really did a nice job of it.

I've also tried using it as a TTS for my Kindle books and I didn't enjoy listening to that. While it's true that TTS is miles above where it used to be it still has a long way to go. I'm sure, though, if that was my only way to access books I'd be glad to have it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote