View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
This feature has been available for awhile, almost since first Echo. Alexa will not read a book which has TTS ‘disabled’ (by publisher). I have not used it much, as I have a Fire and I can adjust the reading speed there.

Not that Kindle Voyage (unofficially) supports VoiceView, which will read out text even for books with TTS disabled. You need to get a USB audio dongle (<$20 US), install the Voice files (I copied them from another Kindle but there is another thread here describing how to use the Kindle Paperwhite download from Amazon.). Then you need to learn how to use the VoiceView screen reader (designed for people with vision impairments).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote