View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 08:47 AM   #34
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

I turned 18 in 1976. By that year the laws lowering the drinking age were long in place so we could buy alcoholic beverages. So all through HS it was easy to find someone in school who was 18 and could buy it for you. We thought that was so cool back then, but now 4 decades later I see how incredibly stupid that was! I'm glad they raised it back up to 21.
I grew up in a state where the drinking age had always been 18; I went to college in the state next door where the drinking age had been lowered to match, to cut down on the problem of under-21s driving across the state line to drink.

I think 21 is too high. It's better if college kids can drink openly; it would cut down on the problems of front-loading and secretive bashes without oversight which lead to drunkenness and rape. When I was in college and we were all legal, most of our drinking was done at bars, drinking $2 pitchers of (lousy) beer. Much, much safer.

I do see the argument on keeping drinking out of high schools, so I think 19 world be the right age.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote