View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 04:40 AM   #59
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Oh, I'm not feeling whiny and out of step because other people don't seem to like the books I like; I'm feeling whiny and out of step because I don't like the books the rest of you seem to like. Most of the books that generate enthusiasm here instead create in me a feeling of dread. [...]
If it's any consolation (it's probably not) I have dreaded the winners of the last two votes. Thankfully, neither was as bad as I thought they might be ... though neither was as good as I might have wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I could probably convince myself to read them, but it's extremely doubtful that I can convince myself to buy them.
Availability can be a problem. My library access is very limited and I was reluctant to buy the Stephen Fry book at AUD$15: it seems such a silly amount of money for an e-book that is over twenty years old. I have second (and third) thoughts about e-books at that price that are new and I really want to read. But then the book I nominated this month is that price in some locations too (though it is not as old), and if it's not something of interest to you then it's a big ask to spend that sort of money - I was hoping it might be in most people's libraries without too much of a wait.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote