View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlave View Post
I was running CM 10.2 off an SD card (happily) and (stupidly) tried to upgrade to CM 11. I must have messed up because I can't get my HD+ to boot into the stock ROM after I removed the SD card. It will boot momentarily into Cyanoboot and then into CWM. CWM gives me two choices - install an unknown zip or root the device - neither of which I want to do. Then it will into the white screen, ask which English I speak, check my internet connection and then download an upgrade and reboot and the process starts over again.
This happened to me a couple of times while I was using Succulent's ROMs -- it seemed as if I had flashed by mistake the EMMC version of boot & recovery, even though I was clearly using the SD build zip file.

Also, note that going from 10.2 to CM11 requires a fresh, clean install of CM11 and its corresponding Gapps, using CWM v6.0.4.5 or later.
Quote:
How can I wipe the EMMC and reinstall stock ROM? I have a .zip file with the stock ROM 2.10 which I put on an SD card but the device doesn't "see" it. Help.
See Section 6 of http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613 on how to restore to stock.

You should backup your stock ROM using SD-based recovery, it will make restoring to stock easier the next time you have this type of problem.

Last edited by livramax; 10-11-2014 at 09:47 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote