View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #46
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
There's still no autologin. Just type "root" when prompted.
(I did try dsmid's suggestion, but the software just wouldn't compile correctly. If anybody is willing to spend the time required to figure this out, feel free to do so. I'll happily include your changes.)
The software can be compiled but has to be patched first.

But you actually don't need it to implement autologin. It's simpler than I originally thought.

Create a new file /root/autologin.sh with these contents:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

exec /bin/login -f root
Modify line starting with "tty1::" of /etc/inittab to look like this:
Code:
tty1::respawn:/sbin/getty -l /root/autologin.sh -n 38400 tty1
Done.
Issue kill -HUP 1 to reload inittab and logout on tty1 (you'll need to kill the java program first) to see it in action.

Tested in VirtualBox with Kubrick 1.1.

BTW Kubrick works in VirtualBox. You need to have the Extension Pack installed and manually select which USB device should be passed through to the machine - once for the USB downloader mode and once again for the fastboot mode.

Last edited by dsmid; 02-20-2013 at 03:53 AM.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote