View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #13
bobowvu
bobowvu began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
I bought one of the Iliads from ebay, got it about a week ago. It is from the Annapolis, MD seller, rkgarinc. It is exactly as described on the listing. Its an unopend version 1 Iliad with a 1GB SD card. It looks and works great so far. The only downside is that it took him about a week to ship, but other than that it is legit. It is as-is, but as its unopened it seemed like a good risk. Also, rkgarinc offers a 3rd party warranty (they send you an option to get a 3 year moneyback warranty if it breaks for about $60), but that seemed to be purpose defeating.

Anyways, I got it, its not a scam or anything. I was able to successfully update it to the newest version (2.13 i think) without any problems. I have unlocked it so that i can put 3rd party software on it, but havent had time to do so.

It was well worth it in my opinion. And FYI, i bought a 16GB transcend CF card for $81 (including shipping) from Newegg.com. Im a very happy camper!

I have not tried to get the battery upgrade, i didnt think recent purchases qualified, but ill look into it.

Last edited by bobowvu; 03-02-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: didnt answer a question
bobowvu is offline   Reply With Quote