View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #96
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post

Check here.

For me, nope for both of devices.
You said it impressed you, did you try videos with less movement?

On the Yotaphone2 Eink screen, artefacts from the previous frame created ghosting, which looked worse when the image changed drastically. So the image was more visible while the preceeding images were similar, and there were no visible flashes of screen or images (partial refresh?), rather, the images bled into one another. This looks best in a video where someone talks to the camera.

If this is the case with the Likebook, it might be usable for me.

I wonder why on the Likebook, internet and PDF do not scroll without incurring the flash on discontinuation of scrolling—despite the options visible in the online HD XL review to set A2 refresh setting and full screen refresh to never? Perhaps I do not understand the technology. Using the Eink screen on Yotaphone2, the screen appeared to never refresh, not in the internet browser, nor PDF (ebook droid), also, in these apps showing mainly text, the screen did not really seem to ghost.

(Unfortunately the Yotaphone is prone to hardware faults, and other options expensive.)

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 12-22-2017 at 04:45 AM. Reason: I edit posts too much, grammar problems.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote