View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #21
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Fair enough, I can see that no one agrees with my suggestion, and I bow to the majority. I must disagree with one particular point that has been raised, however.
This IS a forum about books and ereaders, not computers, but I used to be a regular on Purrs In Our Hearts, a cat forum; a place where those involved in rescue and others who were just concerned about their cat or next door's cat, would go to ask for help or air feelings. Despite the fact that this was the entire purpose of the forum, they began a tech department. A few of the members were techies, while others had computer issues which had a bearing on their rehoming and rescue work.

No, it wasn't a forum devoted to technology, just as MR isn't, but the folks at Purrs recognised the desire and need and importance of being able to access the internet, check emails, put notices on homing sites and having access to Purrs itself. Technology runs through every part of our lives; just imagine the scenario if something like the 2K bug had really hit!

I don't visit Purrs much now. After doing two feral colony rescues and giving masses of advice re cats (I rarely find vets who know as much about them as I do, but when I do I stick with them!) I had sadness burn out from reading so many distressing tales, so stopped visiting the forum.

But they had tech help!

I'm a realist, so I know from the above posts that this is not going to happen on MR. Fair enough, but if I hadn't mentioned it, I would never have known there was so much opposition.

Last edited by BookCat; 01-06-2018 at 09:16 AM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote