View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampmiller View Post
Here you go. Thanks for validating I'm not insane. Photo taken with an iPhone X and on my screen it's a perfect representation of what the Kindle screen looks like. I'm almost tempted to try and get it replaced based on your feedback and hope the next one is okay.
I think even HarryT should be able to see that and find it distracting.

The new Oasis is capable of being much better. See my thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292336
for examples over the full brightness range. There is a definite gradient, but unnoticeable by me without flipping or measuring. It is also very smooth, without the ripples in the Voyage. (My sympathies to anyone disturbed by the gradient on my Oasis screen, but I do wonder how you deal with ambient lighting, which is never completely uniform?)

I had hoped that Amazon had solved the device to device variation, but I guess not.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote