View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 01:01 PM   #27
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
On Youtube I keep seeing ads from a marketer "Sophie Howard" and her amazing methods of selling crap on Amazon to become rich with a few hours of work a week.

As always, if someone knows how to do that, why aren't they just doing it instead of selling seminars telling others how to ...

One of her scams is "selling thousands of ebooks on Amazon a day, without writing a word".

So I guess she is telling other scumbags to take Project Gutenberg books or Wikipedia pages or other public domain text and automatically convert them to Kindle books and sell for $2 or the like.

One of her pages:
https://blueskyamazon.com/90-million...r-amazon-boom/
NOT AN ENDORSEMENT. In fact, the opposite.

I'd guess in reality hardly anyone makes money out of this. They do it for a few months and give up, when they find thousands of others are offering identical products. Or if they actually sell any, get so many quality complaints that Amazon cancels their account.

A few work out an algorithm to find "hot" subjects and scrape together some free text to make books that will be found by people searching for that. But that takes serious skills to keep ahead of the zeitgeist.
Probably she gets $$ from the gullible who buy her book, course, whatever and that's how she does it. There are always plenty of people who fall for get rich quick schemes, and always have been. There were the people who actually sold oils etc. from snakes and then there were the patent medicine sellers (the snake oil sellers) who promised cures for all kinds of ailments. And of course you could always buy stock in their company or some such as well as buy the actual 'medicine.' I have no doubt that many fell for such schemes back then and there are modern ones who sell all sorts of 'cures' for things even today. They don't need a horse and wagon though, instead they sell their 'products' over the internet. There may be actual ways to legally get wealthy via some sort of business online, but how can you be sure with some of them? It's not like you can be sure (assuming you can contact alleged testimonial givers) that you aren't just talking to the seller who is using a different name. Anyone can be anyone they want to be online after all.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote